Facebook S-1 Amendment: New Stats From Q1 2012 And More
Posted by computeraddicted on April 24, 2012
Facebook on Monday filed an amendment to its S-1 documents originally submitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on February 1.
With its IPO date reportedly set for May 17, the social networking giant has published new stats that reflect growth and revenue over the last fiscal quarter, which ended on March 31. In addition, Facebook recently announced plans to acquire photo-sharing app Instagram and to purchase a large number of AOL patents from Microsoft.
Here are some key stats from the amendment:
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.
- 125 billion friendships are forged per day.
- Facebook will pay $300 million in cash, plus 23 million shares of common stock for photo-sharing app Instagram.
- If the Instagram deal falls through, Facebook will pay $200 million.
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $1.058 billion, up from $731 last year.
- Net income dropped to $205 million for the quarter, down from $233 last year.MORE
This entry was posted on April 24, 2012 at 3:23 am and is filed under Social Networking Sites. Tagged: Facebook, Facebook Amended s1, Facebook q1 2012 s1, Facebook s 1, Facebook s1, Facebook Stats, New Facebook s1, Photo Galleries, Technology News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.